Singapore is known as the global hub of education in the Asia-Pacific region, and both Singaporean and permanent residents as well as international students flock to the island nation each year to pursue the next phase of their higher education.
There is no dearth of world-class Singaporean educational institutes imparting quality education that caters to different interests, as evident from the following figures:
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023 include 1,799 universities from 104 countries and regions, and two universities from Singapore, namely NUS (National University of Singapore) and NTU (Nanyang Technological University), made the list, ranking 19 and 36, respectively.
Similarly, in the prestigious 2023 QS World University Rankings, NUS, NTU, and SMU (Singapore Management University) made the cut, ranking #11, #19, and #561–570, respectively.
But if you are someone who is interested in an international university degree or want to explore foreign university campuses and courses in Singapore, then find a list of the most popular international college campuses in this comprehensive article.
James Cook University Singapore Campus
Established in 1961, James Cook University (JCU) currently have three main campuses in Australia while its Singapore campus was established in 2003. Currently James Cook University’s Singapore campus (JCUS) is located at 149 Sims Drive, Singapore 387380.
JCU is ranked in the world’s top 400 universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023 and ranked #461 in the world by QS World University ranking 2023.
JCUS offers multiple on campus undergraduate and post graduate courses in Business, including 2 year full-time/4 year part-time courses in Bachelor of business, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics, 1 Year Full-time MBA etc.
- Course: Undergraduate courses in Business and Commerce and MBA
- Degree awarded by: James Cook University
- Entry: Three Intake points in March, July, November
- Duration: Undergraduate courses (2 year full time | 4 Year part time) and MBA (1 year full time | 16 months part time)
- Delivery mode: On Campus
- Entry requirements: completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent, IELTS/TOEFL/JCU ELPP
- Course Fee: Undergraduate: SG$ 60,000, MBA (Finance): SG$ 40,000 (Approx.)
- Started in: Singapore Campus established in 2003
- Email: [email protected]
- Hotline Number: +65 6709 3888
INSEAD is regarded as one of the best B school for entrepreneurship globally, and produces the most number of ultra-high net-worth individuals in the world. Its Asia campus located at 1 Ayer Rajah Avenue in the Knowledge Hub district of Singapore was inaugurated in 2000. And since then this prestigious campus is the No. 1 choice of Singaporean students to pursue MBA, GEMBA, and Dual EMBA Programme. The INSEAD Singapore campus offers students to enroll in 3 world-class courses, namely:
INSEAD MBA (Full Time)
This accelerated 10-month programme is ranked 3rd in the world Global MBA Programme ranking by Financial Times in 2022. This MBA programme curriculum is spread across three fully-integrated campuses in France, Singapore and Abu Dhabi (elective) campuses.
The Programme comprises of 5 periods, each lasting eight weeks, and constitute of 14 core courses and over 75+ electives. Students will also be presented an opportunity to spend 1 period in any of the following three Campus Exchange Partners: CEIBS’ campus in Shanghai, Wharton School in in Philadelphia and Kellogg School of Management in Chicago, Illinois.
- Course: MBA (Full-Time)
- Degree awarded by: INSEAD
- Entry: Two Intake points in January and August
- Duration: 10 Months
- Entry requirements: GMAT/GRE, TOEFL
- Tuition Fee: SG$ 1,40,000
INSEAD Global Executive MBA (GEMBA)
INSEAD’s modular Global Executive MBA programme (GEMBA) is perhaps one of the most efficient routes to a top business degree for working professionals in Singapore. Professionals with heap of experience behind them can choose INSEAD Singapore as starting campus and have to commit 51 to 60 days away from work over a period of 14 to 17 months.
- Courses: GEMBA
- Degree awarded by: INSEAD
- Entry: Singapore campus Deadlines Round 1-Dec, R2-Feb, R3-April, Final-June
- Duration: 14-17 Months
- Entry requirements: GMAT/GRE, TOEFL, EA (Executive Assessment), INSEAD Assessment
- Tuition Fee: SG$ 199,500 including 7% GST
Tsinghua – INSEAD Executive MBA (TIEMBA)
Hailed as the leading Executive MBA programme in the world, the Tsinghua-INSEAD Executive MBA (TIEMBA) has been ranked #3 globally in 2022 by the Financial Times. The course’s success is evident from the fact that close to 30% of alumni hold the job titles of Managing Director or CEO, three years after graduation.
The 18-months dual degree programme takes place across INSEAD’s three campuses in Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Fontainebleau, and Tsinghua’s campus in Beijing. With average working experience of 14 years and 51% women participants, the EMBA course is a diverse and robust opportunity for professionals in Singapore.
- Courses: TIEMBA
- Degree awarded by: INSEAD & Tsinghua
- Entry: Deadlines for next year September Intake Round 1-August, R2-Dec, R3-Feb, Round4-April
- Duration: 18 Months
- Curriculum: 12 core courses, 4 electives, 9 KMC courses, and Thesis
- Entry requirements: GMAT, EA, INSEAD Assessment or the Tsinghua Test.
- Tuition Fee: US$ 130,000
ESSEC Business School – Asia-Pacific Campus in Singapore
ESSEC Business School is a French Business and management school established in 1907. ESSEC’s Asia-Pacific campus was established in Singapore since 2005, and in May 2015 it opened a brand new 6,500 square meters campus at 5 Nepal Park, Singapore 139408.
The Singapore campus is located at the heart of the One-North area, a district dedicated to Education, research, and innovation. Three of the most popular courses at this campus are undergraduate: ESSEC Global BBA, Postgraduate: MIF (Master in Finance) & Global MBA, and ESSEC & Mannheim Executive MBA for professionals with 16 years of experience.
According to QS Global MBA and Business Masters ranking 2023 ESSEC’s Master in SMIB and MSc in MMD Courses were both ranked #2 in world and #1 in Asia under Master of Management category. While it’s other courses QS 2023 ranking like Master in DSBA (4th in World, 2nd in Europe), MIF (7th in the world, 5th in Europe), and Global MBA (28th in world and 13th in Europe), are a testament of ESSEC as a leader in global academic landscape.
|ESSEC Singapore Courses||Campus||Intake||Duration||Program Fees|
|Global BBA||France, Singapore and Morocco||4 Year||SGD 26,000/Year|
|Master in Management (MIM)||France, Singapore and Morocco||Beginning of September||2 Years||€46,000|
|Master in Finance (MIF)||Singapore & France||End of August||1 or 2 years depending on your degree||1 Year (SGD 42,800), 2 Year (SGD 21,900+ SGD 42,800)|
|Master in Data Sciences & Business Analytics (DSBA)||Singapore & Paris||End of August||1 or 2 years depending on background and degree||1 Year (€25,725), 2 Year (€13,125+ €25,725)|
|Master in Strategy & Management of International Business (SMIB)||Singapore & France||Beginning of September||1 or 2 years depending on background and degree||1 Year (SGD 39,300), 2 Year (€12,600 + SGD 39,300)|
|Global MBA||Singapore & Paris||September||12 Months||€49,500|
|MSc in Marketing Management and Digital (MMD)||Fully in Singapore||Beginning of September||1 Year||SGD 36,700|
|ESSEC & Mannheim EMBA – Asia-Pacific||Fully in Singapore||Every October||15 Months||SGD 100,000 (including GST)|
King’s College London – Ngee Ann Academy (NAA)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honours (Top-up) is the first degree-level programme by King’s College London, taught entirely outside the United Kingdom. The 24 months part-time course taught by the staff from the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care at King’s College London, is accredited by the Singapore Nursing Board.
The Single honours Degree is awarded by King’s College London in partnership with Ngee Ann Academy Singapore. The programme has six 15-credit modules and one 30-credit dissertation. The course will be delivered in a combination of King’s e-learning online platform, KEATS and Face-to-face classroom lectures in Singapore in 1 intensive block per module. 1 block usually consists of two weekday evenings, Saturday and Sunday classes.
- Course: BSc Nursing with Honours (Top-up)
- Degree awarded by: King’s College London
- Can be taken by: Experienced and newly qualified registered nurses in Singapore looking for a part-time degree qualification.
- Entry: Four Intake points in January, April, July, and October
- Duration: 24 months part-time
- Delivery mode: Classroom & Online
- Entry requirements: A diploma in Nursing, Current registration with the Singapore Nursing Board, GPA greater than or equal to 2.7, and ‘O’ Level English or IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6 in each band/skill or equivalent score in another recognised test.
- Face-to-face classroom lectures: 50 contact hours for each module
- Course Fee: SG$ 30,000 (excluding GST), payable on a per module basis.
- Started in: First batch of students enrolled in July 2018 and January 2019 under Academic Lead Dr Julia Philippou.
- Apply Now: Ngee Ann Academy Singapore, King’s College London
- Whatsapp Hotline: +6581252131
University of Nottingham – Ngee Ann Academy
University of Nottingham, which is ranked 18th in the UK in 2022 QS World University ranking, is offering two courses in Singapore in partnership with Ngee Ann Academy. The 24 month MA Education degree and 12 month PG Diploma in Education programme will be taught in a hybrid of face-to-face and online class sessions.
The part-time Master of Arts in Education is a 24 month flexible programme which requires completion of 4 modules of 30 credits each (120 credits total) plus a Dissertation of 60 credits. Students will gain online access to Moodle virtual learning environment (VLE) from University of Nottingham and attend Saturday and Sunday Classes (Two weekends every Term).
The part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education is a 12 month flexible programme which is awarded to students who have successfully completed 120 credits of the course (dissertation module not required).
- Courses: MA Education degree and PG Diploma in Education
- Degree/Diploma awarded by: University of Nottingham
- Can be taken by: Graduates in Singapore looking for a part-time post-graduate qualification.
- Entry: Four Intake points in February, June, August, November
- Duration: MA (24 months-8 terms) & PGDip (12 months-4 terms)
- Delivery mode: Classroom & Online
- Entry requirements: A 2nd class honours degree (or international equivalent), GCSE / O-level English (as a first or second language) – Grade C; OR IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- Face-to-face classroom lectures: Two Weekend classes every term
- Course Fee: MA (SG $23,940) and PGDip (SG$ 15,880)
- Apply Now: Ngee Ann Academy Singapore
- Contact Email: [email protected]
SOAS University of London – Ngee Ann Academy
The Full time Bachelor of Science Management (Teach-out) degree offered by SOAS University of London is a Single Honours 26 month course in Singapore. Singaporean/Permanent Resident and international students can enroll in this Business and Management programme with a comprehensive 360 credits lectures.
SOAS University of London is a public research university which has been ranked 37th in the Times University Guide 2023 and 86th in the Guardian University Guide 2023. Graduating students of this course will have the option to either attend the SOAS Graduation ceremony in Singapore or at London campus.
- Courses: BSc Management
- Degree/Diploma awarded by: SOAS University of London
- Can be taken by: Singaporean/PR & International students
- Entry: Three Intake points in January, May, September
- Duration: 26 Months (Full-Time)
- Delivery mode: Monday to Friday Classrooms
- Entry requirements: 17 years or older at time of registration with the University; AND Satisfy course requirements in English; AND Three approved *GCE ‘A’/H2 level subjects that are at least grades B, C, C; OR International Baccalaureate Diploma of 28 points overall; OR Polytechnic diplomas with a Grade Point Average of ≥ 2.6.
- Face-to-face classroom lectures: Yes
- Course Fee: SG$ 43,920
- Apply Now: Ngee Ann Academy Singapore
- Hotline Number: (65) 6738 2910
The University of Adelaide – Ngee Ann Academy
Ngee Ann Academy located in Orchard Road in Singapore offers prestigious MBA and GCBA Programme from The University of Adelaide to students in Singapore. The Part-Time courses are one of the most sought academic pursuits by Singaporean graduates and holds 5 star GMAA rating and Business School AACSB accreditation.
The Adelaide MBA (Master of Business Administration) course at Ngee Ann Academy is a 24 months part-time programme which comprises of 36 units/credits in total. Entry requirement for this course is either a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2 years of relevant working experience; OR Applicants who have successfully completed the Adelaide GCBA.
The Adelaide GCBA (Graduate Certificate in Business Administration) course at Ngee Ann Academy is a 6 months part-time programme which comprises of 12 units/credits in total. Entry requirement for this course is either a Bachelor’s degree holder with minimum 2 years OR a Non-degree holder with at least 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Courses: MBA and GCBA
- Degree/Diploma awarded by: The University of Adelaide
- Can be taken by: Singaporean Graduates looking for higher education in Business
- Entry: Four Intake points in January, April, July, October
- Duration: Adelaide MBA (24 months) and Adelaide GCBA (6 months)
- Delivery mode: Part-Time
- Entry requirements: IELTS Overall band score of 7.0 and Band score of 6.5 in all bands
- Face-to-face classroom lectures: Yes, Option to choose flexible number of courses in each term (every quarter)
- Course Fee: Adelaide MBA (SG$ 36,240) and Adelaide GCBA (SG$ 12,080)
- Apply Now: Ngee Ann Academy Singapore
- Hotline Support: +65 8125 0916